As the winter season approaches, there is nothing better than coming into a cozy home with delicious food and a glass of wine. Check out this special recipe that will keep you warm!
Pasta and wine are the perfect combination. Here is how you can make one of our most beloved recipes.
⏰ Prep time: 20 minutes
⏰Cook time: 35 minutes
⏰ Total time: 55 minutes
1 tablespoon of oil or butter
Half of a yellow onion, minced
4 carrots, minced
12 ounces spicy Italian sausage (casings removed — just the ground meat)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup Lorimar Vineyard 2018 Cabernet Franc
1 28 ounce can San Marzano tomatoes, including their juice
1/4 cup balsamic or Italian dressing (optional)
1 lb/ Rigatoni noodles
1/2 cup reserved pasta water
Parmesan and parsley or basil for topping
Make the pasta:
Prepare three 8-inch round cake pans by spraying them with baking spray, then lining them with parchment paper circles. Spray the parchment paper circles.
1) Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and carrots — sauté for 10 minutes or so, until the vegetables are very soft.
2) Add the ground sausage, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. When the sausage is fully cooked, add the wine to get the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
3) Add the tomatoes and dressing — simmer for 10-20 minutes while the pasta is cooking
4) Cook the pasta according to package directions. When draining, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and toss gently to combine.
5) Transfer to a large serving dish and top with Parmesan and parsley or basil.
Lastly, serve with more Lorimar Cab Franc and enjoy!
Call to make a reservation: